2016 Highlights || Lifestyle

by - 12:49

This time last year I wrote a post about my 2015 highlights, and today, I wanted to write about my 2016 highlights. 




2016 wasn't one of the easiest years for me, it saw me end another relationship, made redundant again and ended up moving out and then back home again. It was like 2015 repeating itself. I also has the heartache of watching my lovely nan sadly pass away. Something that was utterly heartbreaking. 

But, through all of this, I did have some wonderful times too, which I wanted to share with you today. So let's start.


  1. Although I did end up moving back home around 5 months later, I moved out! Totally independent, not relying on anyone else, I made the bold move to move in with a friend. I learnt a lot doing this, and it's something I don't regret, even though it cost me an awful lot!
  2. I got a new job (Yes, I know again!). I've met some amazing new people in this job, one of the girls has become a close friend who has helped through some horrid times this year!
  3. I discovered a lot about myself. What I really needed to do, was not focus on other people, and focus on my needs. I only started doing this at the back end of the year, as is something I aim to really focus on going into 2017!
  4. I made new friends. I may have lost friends this year, but I also made some great friends!
  5. My best friends made me proud! Although, I myself didn't have an excellent year, my close friends did! Two got engaged, one moved in with her boyfriend and then of course, my beautiful Bex announced she as pregnant! I am super happy for them all and can't wait for the years to come!
  6. I lost/maintained my weight. Yes, I didn't lose as much as I wanted too, or get to my target as planned, but so much went on, it took a backstep! I'm firmly dedicated to making it to my target this year!
  7. Reconnected with people. Be it family or friends! I feel that although losing my nan this year was a heartbreaking thing, it meant I connected with family members who I hadn't spoken to for a while.
So there we go. Some highlights of 2016. Here's to 2017!


You May Also Like

0 comments